- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Filling Recipe
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1676 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.1%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 508.9 mg
Sodium 353.2 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 283 g94.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 245.3 g
Protein 27 g54.7%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 90.8% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar and flour; slowly mix in milk.
2. Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
3. Then, boil 1 minute, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
4. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into yolks.
5. Now add the egg mixture to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
6. Return pan to heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
7. Take away from heat; put in butter, mix until butter melts.
8. Allow it to cool.
9. Use as required.