- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #7 Recipe Video
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||5 Tablespoon|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.9 mg29.3%
Sodium 81.3 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.16%
Sugars 42.8 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a bowl, mix the ﬂour and baking powder and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, break the eggs, add the vanilla, mix and set aside.
5. In the mixer bowl, cream the butter until light, in a stand mixer.
6. Slowly add the sugar, and beat until creamy.
7. Beat in the eggs, adding one at a time, and beat after each addition.
8. Put the mixer on slow, add the ﬂour in 3 batches, alternating with splash of milk, until all the milk and flour is used.
9. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
10. Fill the cupcake liners using ice cream scoop until it is 3/4 full.
11. Bake in the oven about 25 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
13. Turn out the cupcakes on a rack and allow to cool completely for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
For the Frosting:
14. In large saucepan over medium heat, put all ingredients, and mix well with a stainless steel spoon.
15. As the mixture begins to bubble, cover and cook for 1 minute.
16. Take the lid off and cook to 238°F on candy thermometer.
17.Transfer the mixture into a metal mixer bowl and beat with the metal whisk attachment, until thick and spreadable.
18. Spread on the cupcakes and serve as desired.
Add in little hot water to the caramel if it is getting too thick while spreading the frosting.