- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel-Chocolate Pretzel Rods Recipe Video
|Caramels||14 Ounce, unwrapped|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pretzel rods||10 Ounce (1 package)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chip||12 Ounce|
|Sprinkles, red/white/blue/Candy coated chocolate pieces||8 Ounce (or chopped nuts)|
Calories 672 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 873.5 mg36.4%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 70.7 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 0.84%
Calcium 11% Iron 0.55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needparchment paper
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, put together unwrapped caramels and evaporated milk, stir constantly until caramel melts well.
2. Spoon the caramel mixture over one pretzel at a time, leaving about 1 inch uncovered, place the coated pretzel on parchment lined baking sheet.
3. In a microwave proof bowl, put the chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir and repeat for 2 to 3 times until chocolate melts completely.
4. Using spoon drizzle melted chocolate over the caramel coated pretzels, working on one pretzel at a time, leave small amount of caramel uncoated.
5. Scatter on the sprinkles or chopped nuts over the chocolate-coated pretzel.
6. Return the pretzel over parchment lined baking sheet, allow to cool completely, and set or refrigerate for 5 minutes.
7. Store in air tight container and serve as desired.
Allow the caramel coating to set, and lift the pretzel carefully to avoid breaking the pretzel.
Gift wrap in plastic bags to include in holiday hampers or arrange in a glass for your holiday tea-table.
For sprinkles, you can use jimmies, m and m sprikles, chopped nuts etc.