- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Bits Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1163 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.34 mg0.01%
Total Carbohydrates 300 g100.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 299.7 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 0.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and cream of tartar, then allow to boil.
2) Stir continuously over a medium-high heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
3) Increase the heat and cook until golden brown.
4) Over an oiled, rimless baking sheet, spread the caramel and allow to cool until set.
5) Then break the caramel into small pieces.
6) Serve the caramel bits over the ice cream or fruit salad.