- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanuts Caramel Apples Recipe
|Chopped peanuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firm apples||6 , washed, dried|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White corn syrup||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3227 Calories from Fat 1717
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g308.6%
Saturated Fat 73 g365%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg
Sodium 1492.1 mg62.2%
Total Carbohydrates 342 g113.9%
Dietary Fiber 40.2 g160.8%
Sugars 263.6 g
Protein 60 g119.6%
Vitamin A 66% Vitamin C 69%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 62.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a shallow bowl, arrange the peanuts in it and keep aside.
2. Pierce wooden skewers through the apples’ stem end.
3. Take a small dish, prepare a vanilla-baking soda mixture and keep aside.
4. Take a heavy saucepan, add butter, corn syrup and sugar. On medium heat, cook, stirring, till the mixture blends well and reaches a temperature of 300°F on candy thermometer. Add the vanilla mixture.
5. Dip the apples in the hot caramel and twist to coat evenly. Roll on the nuts and arrange on a waxed paper. Allow to harden.
6. Serve as required.