- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Milky Caramel Apples Recipe
|Apples||3 Pound (8 Medium Size)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.9 mg
Sodium 80.9 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 72.1 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wash and dry apples.
3. Insert 4-to 6-in. wooden skewers in stem ends.
4. Mix sweetened condensed milk, granulated sugar, corn syrup and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan.
5. Stirring constantly, cook to 234°F (soft ball stage; remove from heat while testing).
6. Remove from heat and stir in butter or margarine and vanilla extract.
7. Quickly dip and twirl apples in syrup to coat evenly. Cool on the baking sheet, skewers upright.