- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Homemade Caramel Apple Recipe Video
|Apple||6 Medium, cut into small pieces (organic)|
|Dates||2 Cup (32 tbs) (soaked in 1 cup of water)|
|Tahini paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Himalayan crystal salt)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or any other nut of choice)|
Calories 748 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 79.4 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.3%
Sugars 81.1 g
Protein 12 g25%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pulse the nuts in a food processor and transfer to a bowl.
2) In a food processor, blend the dates, tahini, vanilla and salt till the mixture is smooth. Put the date paste in a bowl.
3) Dip each apple slice into the date mixture and then swirl in the nuts.
4) Chill the prepared apple slices in the fridge.
5) Serve the caramel apples chilled as a dessert.