- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Almond & Caramel Coconut Rusks Recipe Video
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla bean seeds||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||35 Gram (sliced)|
|Shredded coconut||30 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1576 Calories from Fat 704
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.8%
Saturated Fat 43.7 g218.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.6 mg49.5%
Sodium 1363.7 mg56.8%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g63%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.8%
Sugars 53.9 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 33.8% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice baguette in 1cm (approx. ½ inch) thickness
2. Spread sliced bread on a baking pan; Bake for 8-10 minutes at 150C=302F.
3. Heat up water in a saucepan at med heat; we will now going to heat up the heavy cream and ¼ vanilla bean seeds; Do not boil and leave it on side.
4. Empty the hot water off the saucepan, and place the saucepan back on the stove.
5. Place butter and met at low heat.
6. Add sugar into the saucepan; stir constantly using a wooden spoon until it turns slightly dark yellow color
7. We will now going to add the heated heavy cream. When we do this, the butter-sugar mixture starts acting up so we will need to quickly stir to blend it all well and turn off the heat immediately to avoid burning the mix.
8. Add sliced almonds; turn the heat to low, mix well to coat the almond slices nicely
9. While the caramel almond spread is still warm, place approx.. 1 teaspoonful of it evenly on one side of the sliced baguette. Once the spread cools down, it will be harder to handle, so you can keep the stove at very low heat but please be careful not to burn the spread.
10. Place all slices on a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes at 150C=302F.
11. Once baked, place the pan on a rack, and sprinkle some granulated sugar on top!
12. For the Caramel Coconut Spread, just replace sliced almonds with shredded coconuts.