- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Captivating Cabbage Recipe
|Mustard seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Teaspoon|
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1502.9 mg62.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.6%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 160.5%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the cabbage head and discard the outer soggy leaves.
2. Finely slice or shred the cabbage using a sharp knife or cleaver. You could also coarsely shred it in a food processor.
3. In a skillet or a wok, heat oil over a medium high flame.
4. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
5. When the mustard pops, add the cumin and allow it to crackle.
6. Further add the curry powder, turmeric and ground coriander and salt to taste. Sauté the spices for 30 seconds making sure that they do now burn. If the oil is very hot, reduce the flame.
7. Add the cabbage and sauté until it wilts and is tender with a bite. It should not be soggy.
8. Sprinkle the lemon juice and stir in the honey. Sauté to mix with the cabbage.
9. Dish out immediately and serve hot with roti or rice and lentils