- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Mediterranean Caprese Salad Recipe Video
|Plum tomatoes||9 , cut into half, seeds removed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted (as required)|
|Mozzarella cheese||250 Gram, cut into strips|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon, cut into strips|
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.4 mg
Sodium 580.4 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a baking sheet arrange the tomatoes, skin side down. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle garlic, sugar, and salt & pepper to taste. Toss it well till all the tomatoes are coated.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for around 1 1/2 hour (2 hrs max) or until the tomatoes begin to caramelize. Check occasionally to avoid burning. If bubbling too much, reduce the heat of the oven.
4. Remove from the oven and allow the tomatoes to cool to room temperature before serving.
5. In a serving plate arrange the tomatoes with the mozzarella cheese slices. Sprinkle some kalamata olives and basil all over them. Serve the salad immediately.