- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe Video
|For the salad base|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Pound, quartered (Various varieties of tomatoes can be used)|
|Mozerella cheese||8 Ounce, cut into bite sized pieces|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into thin ribbons|
|For the pasta|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (To boil the pasta)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Whole wheat pasta||1 Pound (Fusilli pasta used)|
|For the salad dressing|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 646 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.4%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.9 mg
Sodium 376.5 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 43.5%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot boil water for cooking the pasta. Once the water starts to boil, add the whole wheat fusilli pasta and salt.
2. Let the pasta cook for 10 minutes. Once done, drain and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
3. In a bowl add the quartered cherry tomatoes, cut mozarella pieces, minced garlic and the freshly chopped basil leaves.
4. In another bowl prepare the dressing by whisking together extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and sat and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture and let it sit till the pasta is cool and ready.
6. Add the cooked and cooled pasta to the tomato mixture. Using a spoon mix well to coat the dressing well all over the pasta. Let the pasta sit for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow the dressing to soak into the pasta.
7. Serve chilled.