- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Capellini with Tomatoes and Basil Sauce Recipe
|Angel hair pasta/Spaghetti||1 Pound (Capellini)|
|Plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh basil/1 teaspoon, dried basil||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Fresh basil leaves||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 1608 Calories from Fat 718
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g123.9%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg
Sodium 432.2 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.6%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 76.6% Vitamin C 65.2%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 41.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the pasta al dente for about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil, basil and garlic.
3) In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoon oil and add in the tomato mixture, cooking over medium flame till it is heated through.
4) Add in the pasta into the sauce. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
5) Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve hot.