- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cantonese White Cut Chicken Recipe Video
|Chopped ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||3 , washed|
|Shao xing wine||6 Teaspoon|
|For sauce 1|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onion||1 Tablespoon|
|For sauce 2|
|Oyster sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced spring onions||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.8%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.7 mg
Sodium 573.8 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 62 g123.9%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together 3 teaspoon of wine with ground ginger and let it soak for about 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze the ginger to extract flavoured wine.
3. Wash the chicken and dry it with a kitchen paper.
4. Rub inside and outside of the chicken with flavoured wine and 2 teaspoon of salt.
5. Rub the chicken cavity with ½ teaspoon of salt.
6. Cut the green part of the spring onions, and smash the white parts with mallet.
7. Stuff the chicken cavity with ginger piece, chopped ginger and white part of green onions.
8. On a steamer plate, place the green onion and put the chicken on it.
9. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 5 hours or overnight.
10. Remove the chicken out of refrigerator about 1 hour before cooking and discard the plastic wrap.
11. Pat dry the streamer try with kitchen paper and brush a piece of aluminium foil with oil and cover the chicken.
12. In a steamer with water, put a rack and place the chicken on it.
13. Cover with lid and place the steamer on high heat and bring to a boil.
14. Once the water starts to boil, let the chicken steam for about 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
15. Leave the chicken on hot plate for about 10 minutes.
16. Remove the chicken and let it cool for 15 minutes.
17. Remove the white onion, and ginger from chicken cavity.
18. Brush the chicken well with shao xing wine and 2/3 teaspoon of salt.
19. Joint the chicken and set aside.
For sauce 1
20. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute ginger in it.
21. Add in sugar, 1/3 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and spring onion and stir and cook for 1 minute.
For sauce 2
22. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce 2 and stir well.
23. Rub the chicken with sesame oil, sprinkle with spring onions and serve with sauces.