- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cantonese Steamed Sponge Cake ( Ma Lai Go ) Dim Sum Recipe Video
|Fine brown sugar||120 Gram|
|Vanilla pudding powder/Custard powder||10 Gram|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Carbonated water||4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||50 Gram, melted in microwave|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1411 Calories from Fat 469
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.7%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 535.5 mg
Sodium 1522.5 mg63.4%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 128.7 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 134.2% Iron 50.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Fill the steamer with water and let it heat.
2) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and mix in the sugar.
3) Mix the flour and vanilla pudding powder together.
4) Sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Mix well with the help of a spatula. Ensure that no lumps have been formed.
5) Add the milk, mix well and cover the bowl with a plastic sheet. Let the mixture stand in a cool, dry place till bubbles have formed on the surface.
8) Mix the baking powder with some water and add the mixture to the cake mixture.
9) Next, add the melted butter and mix well.
10) Line the Chinese bamboo steamer basket with a baking paper and pour the batter into it.
11) Place the basket in the steamer, over the now boiling water, and let the cake steam and cook for 20-25 minutes.
12) Carefully remove the cake and separate it from the baking paper. Transfer to a serving plate and then serve while still hot, or cool before serving. Cut into wedges.