- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cantaloupe Peach Conserve Recipe
|Cantaloupe||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped (Peeled)|
|Peaches||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped (Peeled)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5459 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 589.2 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1331 g443.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.6%
Sugars 1304.6 g
Protein 19 g38.1%
Vitamin A 473.6% Vitamin C 517.9%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, mix together cantaloupe and peaches; let simmer for 20 minutes with constant stirring until there is enough liquid is released from the fruits.
2. Stir in sugar and lemon juice; boil until the mixture is thick.
3. Stir in nutmeg, lemon peel, salt and nuts; boil for another 3 minutes.
4. Into hot sterilized jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Apply Cantaloupe Peach Conserve over bread and serve.