- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cantaloupe Ice Cream Recipe
|Cantaloupe balls||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Cantaloupe balls||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), skimmed|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated low calorie sweetener with aspartame||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To Equal 2 Teaspoons Sugar)|
Calories 141 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.6 mg
Sodium 81.5 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 58.8% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a freezer-safe bowl, add all but 2 cantaloupe balls and milk together, cover with a plastic wrap and freeze for about 20 minutes until ice crystals begin to form, .
2) With a slotted spoon, remove the cantaloupe from milk, keep aside.
3) In a blender container, process the milk, vanilla and sweetener together.
4) With the processor running, add frozen cantaloupe balls, 1 at a time and process after each addition until the mixture is thick and smooth.
5) In two glasses, equally spoon the thick mixture, garnish each with a melon ball inserted with a mint sprig and serve immediately.