- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cantaloupe Balls with Honeydew Sherbet Recipe
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Fruit sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.6 mg
Sodium 164.1 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 79.5 g
Protein 7 g15%
Vitamin A 509.5% Vitamin C 528.4%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut cantaloupes into half, in zigzag style.
2) Carefully pull the halves apart and remove seeds.
3) From both the halves, cut as many cantaloupe balls as possible.
4) Now, with a spoon, scrape out the remaining fruit and save the shells.
5) Refrigerate the balls and cantaloupe shells.
6) Now, cut honeydew melon into half.
7) With a spoon, scrape out the fruit.
8) In a blender, crush the scraped out honeydew melon. (Or you can press through a sieve.)
9) Add lemon juice and sugar.
10) Pour the fruit mixture into a freezer tray and freeze until almost firm.
11) Transfer to a cold bowl and beat until smooth.
12) Fold the whipped cream into the fruit mixture.
13) Freeze again, until firm.
14) Top this sherbet on the cantaloupe shells heaped with melon balls. Serve chilled.