- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Video 6 Home Canning Pates, Meatloaf And Fish Recipe Video
|For pork pate|
|Full fat pork meat||2 Pound|
|Chicken liver||1 Pound|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For rabbit pate|
|Rabbit meat||2 Pound|
|Fat syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 888 Calories from Fat 711
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.3%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g134.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 421.4 mg
Sodium 174.8 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.31 g1.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 39 g78.7%
Vitamin A 104.7% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 4% Iron 45.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
FOR PORK PATE
1. In the meat grinder, grind the pork meat, chicken liver, onion and shallots alternately.
2. Place them in a large bowl, add beaten eggs. Sprinkle salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Ladle the pork pate into sterilized jars. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim and put lids.
4. Place the jars in the pressure canner and sterilize for a few minutes.
FOR RABBIT PATE
5. In the meat grinder, grind the rabbit meat, chicken liver, onion and shallots alternately.
6. Place them in a large bowl, add beaten eggs. Add fat syrup, salt and pepper and mix well.
7. Ladle the rabbit pate into sterilized jars. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim and put lids.
8. Place the jars in the pressure canner and sterilize for a few minutes.
FOR COOKING PATE
9. Put the pork or rabbit pate in a baking dish, spread it out. Bake it in the oven at 325 degree F for 1 ½ hours. Remove from oven and keep in refrigerator for 3-4 days before serving.
10. Remove the pate from can, cut in wedges and serve with breads and biscuits.