- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Video 2 Home Canning Fruit In Syrup Or As A Pie Filling Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricots||6 Cup (96 tbs) (peeled, seed removed)|
|Warm sugar syrup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For pork roast|
|Pork meat||1 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Canned apricots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flax seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.5 mg
Sodium 45.5 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees F.
2. In a pot over medium heat, put sugar, corn starch, lime juice and stir well.
3. Take the apricots in a basket and insert in the warm water for a few minutes. Once the skin is softened, peel the skin off and remove the seeds.
4. Add the apricots into the pie filling. Cook for a few minutes until done.
5. Remove from heat and ladle the Apricot pie filling into the sterilized jars.
6. Pour the warm sugar syrup into each jar. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim and put lids and caps.
7. Place these jars in the pressure canner at 100 degree C and process it for 30 minutes.
FOR PORK ROAST
8. In a pan, place the pork, season with salt and pepper. Insert the thermometer sensor into the pork and roast in the oven at 160 degree F until done.
9. Remove the pork roast from oven and place on a cutting board. Slice the pork.
10. In the same pan with pork juices, on high heat, add 2 cups of canned apricots and stir well.
11. Put flax seeds, keep stirring and cook for 15 minutes.
12. Pour this sauce over the sliced pork roast and garnish with fresh basil.
13. Serve the Roasted Pork and Apricot Pie Filling right away.