- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Canned Potatoes Recipe Video
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1753 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 392.5 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 418 g139.4%
Dietary Fiber 49.9 g199.7%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 46 g91.7%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 748.6%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 98.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the potatoes thoroughly.
2. In a large vessel boil water and place the glass jars and lid into it. Take out the jars and lid and set aside.
3. In a vessel boil the water and add in the potatoes and blanch for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a vessel boil water to fill the potato jar.
5. Take out the potatoes from the vessel and fill five jars with it. 1 pound in one jar.
6. Pour in the boiling water into the jars leaving 1 inch head space. Cover the jars with the lid.
7. Fill pressure canner with water and place jars into it.
8. Pour vinegar into canner water. Lock lid on the canner and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
9. Vent steam for 10 minutes, and then close the vent. Process for 40 minutes.
10. Remove the jars from the canner and store.
11. Serve potatoes with roasted tofu and enjoy!