- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Canning Pickles Recipe Video
|Cucumbers||5 Pound, halved|
|Distilled white vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Kosher dill pickle mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ball’s Kosher Dill Pickle Mix)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 708.8 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.3%
Sugars 68.4 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 47.7% Vitamin C 106.1%
Calcium 41.8% Iron 38.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large vessel boil water and place the glass jars and lid into it. Take out the jars and lid and set aside.
2. For making brine – In a large pot stir in the distilled white vinegar, Ball’s Kosher Dill Pickle Mix, water, mustard seeds, sugar, and bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Place the cucumbers in the sterilized jar and pour in the brine. Leave ½ inch head-space in the jar. Close the jar with the lid.
4. In a large canner add in the water and let it boil.
5. Place in the cucumber jar to the canner and `cover. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the jars from the canner and store.
7. Serve Pickled Cucumber with roasted chicken and enjoy!