- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cannellini Bean Soup Recipe Video
|Cannellini beans||2 Can (20 oz), rinsed|
|Onions||1 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), crush|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lettuce head||1 Medium, chop|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 1175.6 mg49%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 167.7% Vitamin C 43.4%
Calcium 30.1% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSoup pot
1. In a large saute pan pour extra virgin olive oil and saute the onions until translucent.
2. Add crushed garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add cannellini beans and broth.
4. Cook over medium heat until the beans are tender; mash them to make a creamy soup.
5. Add leafy lettuce greens and cook for about 15 minutes.
6. Add dry white wine and half the cheese. Stir and cook for additional 10 minutes.
7. Serve in bowls and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Add 1 cup water if the soup is too strong in taste.