- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Canned Tomato Soup Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||8 Quart|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), granulated|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 988 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.2%
Saturated Fat 29.6 g148.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 6059.4 mg252.5%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.3%
Dietary Fiber 29.6 g118.6%
Sugars 74.2 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 361.3% Vitamin C 435%
Calcium 32.6% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan boil chopped tomatoes, celery and onions until soft and rub through sieve.
2. Adding the remaining ingredients bring to a boil and let it boil for 3 minutes.
3. While boiling, bottle in sterilized airtight jars.
4. To use, dilute with an equal quantity of milk and reheat without letting it to boil.
5. To serve if desired add garlic, mace or bay leaf.