- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candy Cane Cake Recipe
|Hot roll mix||14 Ounce|
|Maraschino cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), slivered (blanched)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2486 Calories from Fat 699
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.5%
Saturated Fat 13 g65.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 2663.5 mg111%
Total Carbohydrates 357 g119.1%
Dietary Fiber 31.8 g127.1%
Sugars 51.4 g
Protein 72 g145%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 38.7% Iron 107.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Allow to raise as package directs.
3. Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Roll each part into a 15x6 inch rectangle; place each on a wax paper-covered piece of cardboard.
4. With scissors, make 2-inch cuts at 1/2-inch intervals on long sides of dough rectangles.
5. In a small bowl combine cherries and almonds and spread 1/2 of mixture down center of each rectangle.
6. Crisscross strips over filling. Stretch dough to 22 inches and curve to form a candy cane.
7. Heat each cane, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 6 (6 1/2 to 8) minutes or until no longer "doughy'
8. While warm, brush with melted butter.
9. If desired, decorate with a ribbon bow.