- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candied Yams In Orange Cups Recipe
|Oranges||3 , halved|
|Orange curacao/Any orange flavored liqueur||3 Ounce|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 184.2 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 434.7% Vitamin C 95.5%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a sharp knife, slice off 1/2 inch off the top of each orange.
2. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the pulp of each orange reserving for another use like making juice.
3. Clean out the piths and fibers from the orange shells. Keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
5. Place the sweet potatoes in a roasting pan.
6. Place in the preheated oven and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes or until fork tender.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool until easy to handle.
8. While still warm, pare them and remove the flesh into a bowl.
9. Add orange Curacao, butter, cinnamon and seasonings to the sweet potato.
10. With a wooden spoon or a fork, beat thoroughly until mashed and fluffy.
11. Spoon the mixture into the orange shells.
12. Serve the sweet potato mash in orange shells, warm or cold.