- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candied Yams Recipe
|Canned sweet potatoes||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch slices (1 Can)|
|Canned crushed pineapple in its own juice||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Sweet n low/Light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet and low/Light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon (Sweet 'N Low® Brown)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 336.2 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 201.1% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the crumble topping, in a small bowl, combine the SWEET 'N LOWÂ® Brown, butter and salt. Keep aside until required.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F
3. Grease a 1 Â½-quart oven-to-table baking dish or casserole with butter.
4. Layer half the sweet potatoes in the casserole.
5. Spoon half the crushed pineapple with syrup over them.
6. Repeat the layers.
7. Top with prepared crumble.
8. Place the casserole in the preheated oven and let the sweet potatoes bake for about 40 to 45 minutes until tender and topping is golden brown.
9. Use oven mitts to take the dish straight to the table and serve the sweet potatoes warm.