- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candied Walnut-Brie Pockets Recipe Video
|Puff pastry sheets||17 1⁄3 Ounce, thawed (Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets)|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary leaves||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Brie cheese/Camembert cheese||2 Ounce, cut into 32 (1/2-inch) cubes|
|Flour||4 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.5 mg
Sodium 171.7 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 0.78%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
2. In a small bowl combine the walnuts and rosemary with the brown sugar.
3. Lightly flour the surface and unfold the first pastry sheet. Roll it into a 12-inch square. Cut it into 16 3-inch squares. Repeat this process with the remaining pastry sheet, making 32 squares in all.
4. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the walnut mixture into the center of each pastry square. Top each with a cube of brie.
5. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with water and fold the corners to the center over the filling. Twist tightly to seal, fanning out the corners. As shown in the video.
6. Place the filled pastries into mini muffin cups. Bake for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until the pastries are golden brown.
7. Let the pastries cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
8. Serve Candied Walnut-Brie Pockets with juice.