- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
|Canned sweet potatoes in syrup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sweet potatoes in syrup||1 Can (10 oz) (Taylor'S)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick piece||1|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced and peeled|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 67.5 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 127.1% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain the sweet potatoes and pour the syrup into a saucepan.
2. Preheat the broiler on high just before serving.
3. To the syrup add the remaining ingredients except the sweet potato.
4. Boil the syrup for 5 minutes, to thicken it.
5. In a baking dish or casserole, layer the sweet potatoes.
6. Dot them with butter then pour the syrup over them.
7. Place the dish under a broiler for a few minutes until potatoes are heated and lightly caramelized and glazed.
8. These candied sweet potatoes taste best when served warm but can also be served cold if you like.