- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candied Grapefruit Peels Recipe
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs) (1 cup for coating the peel)|
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.35 g0.55%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 227 g75.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 199.8 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 218.7%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take the discarded grapefruit peels, scoop out any remaining fruit pulp and cut into strips.
2. In a sauce pan, take the grapefruit peel and cover with water and bring it to a boil.
3. Discard the water and strain the peel.
4. Repeat this process for 4 times.
5. Finally take the peel in a sauce pan, add 2 cups of sugar and enough water to cover it.
6. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for 2 hours.
7. Transfer the peels to drying rack and let them cool and harden for 1 hour.
8. Take each candied peel, coat it in the sugar and transfer to a sheet of wax paper.
9. Serve and store for use later.
Recipe Courtesy of: cookingstoned.tv