- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Filled Candied Ginger Pears Recipe Video
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown rice syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Pears||3 Large, halved and core scooped out (4 Small Ones)|
|Apple juice/Pear juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ginger juice||1 Teaspoon, grate 1" fresh ginger and squeeze juice out|
|Fine sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1539 Calories from Fat 599
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.1%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 275.8 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72%
Dietary Fiber 39.5 g158.1%
Sugars 134.4 g
Protein 33 g66.4%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 70.5%
Calcium 46.1% Iron 42.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Transfer to a small bowl or plate to cool.
3. When cool, buzz the almonds in a grinder, food processor or blender until very finely ground.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the rice syrup.
5. Stir in the ground almonds cook over medium low heat until the mixture thickens; keep aside.
6. In a deep skillet, arrange the pears with the cut sides up.
7. Pour the pear or apple juice to the pan along with the ginger juice and salt.
8. Cover the pan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7-10 minutes until the pear halves are soft.
9. Spoon the pears on a serving platter and reserving the cooking liquid.
10. Into the reserved cooking liquid, stir in the lemon juice and zest.
11. Stuff each pear with some of the ground almond mixture.
12. Pour the sauce over the pears and serve.
13. For extra sweetness and color, drizzle each pear with 1 teaspoon of maple syrup.