- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candied Ginger Banana Bread Recipe Video
|Banana||5 (3 mashed +2 sliced)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3 Cup (48 tbs), softened|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Candied ginger||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Bee pollen||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaxseed||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Tea||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey/Raw agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1363 Calories from Fat 846
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g148.3%
Saturated Fat 58.9 g294.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 312.4 mg
Sodium 269.8 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 78 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 59.2% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash banana with potato masher.
3. Add sugar, and whisk until smooth and fluffy.
4. Throw egg and mix well.
5. Drop vanilla, and butter. Mix to evenly distribute.
6. Add wheat germ, candied ginger, bee pollen, ground ginger, baking soda, and flax seed.
7. Throw flour and mix to evenly combine.
8. Pour tea and mix well.
9. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, and pour batter in it.
10. Top it with banana slices, and honey. Spread evenly.
11. Pop it oven and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until skewer when inserted comes out clean.
12. Remove from oven and allow it to rest.
13. Cut in slices and serve with fruit salad.
If you find the batter too dry add milk, water or tea in it.