- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candied Cross Cut Yams Recipe
|Sweet potatoes||4 , peeled (Boiled And Firm)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 56.1 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 288.4% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a wok heat oil to 350°F.
2) Cut the sweet potatoes crosswise, in about 1/4 inch thick slices.
3) In a saucepan, heat butter, water, lemons and sugar for about 3 minutes, and stir in red food coloring.
4) Place the sweet potatoes in a baking dish.
5) Spoon half of the butter mixture over the sweet potatoes.
6) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
7) Sprinkle the butter mixture over the sweet potatoes twice or thrice during baking.
8) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.