- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutmeg Candied Carrots Recipe
|Canned small carrots||1 Pound, drained (Whole, 1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
Calories 111 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 48.5 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 0.8 g1.6%
Vitamin A 257.1% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 3% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a medium-size saucepan.
2) In the saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
3) In the saucepan, add carrots.
4) Sprinkle nutmeg and brown sugar over carrots.
5) Cover the saucepan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
6) Uncover the pan and continue cooking the carrots for further 5 minutes, while stirring frequently.
7) Cook the carrots until they are glazed.
8) Serve the candied carrots as side dish.