- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Candied Apples Recipe
|Honey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe apples||18 (Whole)|
|Crushed peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 17.2 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 54.4 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With the honey and molasses sift the milk powder.
2. Mixing in well, heat the mixture to let it boil.
3. Lowering the flame let it simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Allow the mixture to cool in the freezer for 10 minutes.
5. As the mixture cools down, over 1 or 2 large trays arrange some waxed paper thereafter placing the popsicle sticks in the apples.
6. In the mixture that is cool enough to work with such that it has not turned stiff, dip the apples, letting them coat completely and place them on the waxed paper.
7. In your refrigerator keep the apples for 5 minutes to let it cool.
8. Roll the coated apples in crushed nuts if you desire.
9. This gives an attractive look to them making them less messy to eat.
10. You can either make it quicker without having to sit 18 candied apples in your refrigerator, by dipping only a few apples at a time, saving the rest of the candy mixture in the refrigerator.
11. Let the mixture heat to a consistency fit to be used for dipping as you want more candied apples.