- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Canadian Bacon-Brown Sugar Treat Recipe
|Unsliced canadian bacon||2 Pound|
|Brown sugar||5⁄8 Cup (10 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened pineapple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple slice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.6 mg
Sodium 1154.8 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g1%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 19 g38.6%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 29.2%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
2. Place bacon on baking sheet.
3. Combine 11/2 cup sugar, mustard and 1/2 cup pineapple juice and spread over bacon. Bake for 1 hour, basting at 15 minute intervals.
4. Simmer pineapple slices in butter, remaining brown sugar and 1 tablespoon pineapple juice until brown.
5. Place bacon on serving platter; garnish with pineapple slices.