- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Canadian Mushroom Sandwiches Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, softened|
|Chopped bacon||1 Tablespoon, uncooked|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Ounce, drained (1 jar)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked pork loin||1 Pound, sliced (18 slices)|
|Canadian style bacon||1 , cut 1/8 inch thick|
|Swiss cheese slice||6 Ounce (6 slices, 1 ounce each)|
|Green pepper rings||6 (thin)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2605 Calories from Fat 1191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g204.2%
Saturated Fat 65.7 g328.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 509.6 mg
Sodium 8042.8 mg335.1%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g62%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 163 g326.8%
Vitamin A 28.7% Vitamin C 56.8%
Calcium 194.4% Iron 87.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine bacon, onion, mushrooms and parsley in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Cook uncovered in microwave oven about 2 minutes at HIGH, or until onion is tender; stir once.
3. Arrange 3 slices Canadian bacon on each buttered roll and top with mushroom mixture and 1 slice cheese. Place 1 green pepper ring on each cheese slice; sprinkle paprika inside ring.
4. Place sandwiches on paper towels or roast rack. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 4 to 6 minutes at BAKE, or until cheese is bubbly and meat is hot.
5. If using roll tops, heat uncovered in microwave oven 45 seconds at BAKE.
6. Serve sandwiches garnished with a cherry tomato and a pimento-stuffed olive on each skewer.