- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Canadian Maple Baked Beans Recipe
|Navy beans||4 Cup (64 tbs), washed and rinsed|
|Salt pork||1⁄3 Pound, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark molasses||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3120 Calories from Fat 1158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.6%
Saturated Fat 45.3 g226.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130 mg
Sodium 4627.7 mg192.8%
Total Carbohydrates 392 g130.8%
Dietary Fiber 110.2 g440.7%
Sugars 111.8 g
Protein 109 g217.1%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 107.1% Iron 183.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place beans in a heavy large pot, cover with sufficient amount of water and boil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
3. Take off from the heat and allow to stand, covered, for 1.5 hours.
4. Boil the mixture again. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 45 minutes to 60 minutes for beans to turn tender.
5. Take a casserole or ovenproof bean pot and add cooked beans to it.
6. Fry salt, onion and pork in a skillet placed on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add to the cooked beans. Mix mustard, salt, catsup, molasses, ginger and salt and stir.
7. Bake, covering the pot, for about 3.5 to 4.5 hours, stirring once in an hour. Add water, 1 tbsp each, if beans starts losing water completely.
8. Serve hot directly.