- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Canadian Lemon Souffle Recipe
|Lemon||1 Large, rind and juice|
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.2 mg
Sodium 97.2 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 46.1 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. In a large bowl, tip in the butter and the sugar and mix well
3. Add the egg yolks and the lemon and beat well. Add flour and milk to the mixture and beat well again
4. Whisk the egg whites very stiffly and fold back in quickly and carefully.
5. Pour this into a greased baking dish and bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325 F and then bake again for 45 minutes and bake again.
6. Serve warm with the pale sponge on top and the lemon sauce surrounding it below.