- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Canadian Bacon On A Spit Recipe
|Canadian bacon||4 Pound (1 Roll)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Horseradish||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Hickory||1 Teaspoon, smoked|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.1 mg
Sodium 2354.7 mg98.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.38%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 38 g76.7%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Tie Canadian bacon in two or three places.
2) Through the center of roll insert spit.
3) Roast 5 to 6 inches from coals.
4) In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
5) Baste Canadian bacon repeatedly with the mixture.
6) Cook for about 30 minutes.
7) This dish is ideal for outdoor treats. Serve as an appetizer or as the main course.