- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Camembert Mousse Recipe
|Camembert cheese||3 Ounce, rinds removed (individual portions)|
|Butter||15 Milliliter, melted (1 tablespoon)|
|Petit suisse cheeses||1 Ounce (individual portion)|
|Double cream||45 Milliliter, whipped (3 tablespoons)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, freshly chopped (5 ml)|
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.6 mg
Sodium 244.3 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 0.43 g0.14%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.33%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 0.93%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place the Camembert and butter and beat together until smooth.
2. Add the Petit Suisse and beat well to mix.
3. Add the cream, mustard and parsley; press into a lightly oiled mould.
4. To freeze: chill in the refrigerator, then open (flash) freeze until firm.
5. Remove from the mould and wrap in foil.
6. To freeze: wrap in a freezer bag or foil; seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
7. To thaw: remove wrappings and arrange the mousse on a serving platter.
8. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
9. Arrange the dish in large serving platter and garnish the top of the mousse with grated cheese before serving.