- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Camembert Croquettes Recipe
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), beaten|
|White breadcrumbs/Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), chopped|
Calories 1334 Calories from Fat 1210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.7%
Saturated Fat 28.4 g142.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.9 mg
Sodium 560.2 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 26% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and flour together.
2) Pour in milk and stir.
3) Place over heat to boil for thick consistency. Set aside to cool.
4) Use a wire sieve to press cheese, by removing most of the rind.
5) Fold in egg yolk and cheese to the milk mixture, and beat in to prepare a stiff paste.
6) Use a plate to spread the mixture and cool.
7) Use a floured board to make walnut-sized pieces from the mixture.
8) Brush with egg and place inside a bag with crumbs.
9) Gently shake to coat with crumb.
10) In a skillet, heat up oil to fry the balls until brown on all sides.
11) Transfer on paper to soak the extra oil.
12) Serve hot by garnishing with parsley.