- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Battered Prawns Recipe Video
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Fresh milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 1962 Calories from Fat 1721
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 195 g299.5%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g141.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278.5 mg
Sodium 690.2 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 30 g59.2%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 9% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine flour, cornstarch, and salt in a mixing bowl then mix well.
3. Add the eggs and milk stir until all the ingredients are well distributed.
4. Heat a pan and pour-in the cooking oil.
5. When the oil is hot enough, dip a piece of shrimp in the batter (leave the tail uncovered) then deep-fry until the color of the outer part turns dark yellow and the texture becomes crispy.
6. Remove from the pan or fryer then place in a plate with paper towel (this will absorb excess oil).
7. Serve with sweet and sour sauce. Share and enjoy!