- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Plain flour||1 Pound (450 Gram, 4 Cups)|
|Easy blend yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Sachet)|
|Warm water||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter, 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Courgettes||12 Ounce, sliced (3 Medium Pieces, 350 Gram)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, diced|
|Mozzarella cheese||5 Ounce, diced (150 Gram)|
|Chopped oregano||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Skimmed milk||1 Tablespoon (To Glaze)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.1 mg
Sodium 307.4 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 18 g35%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 48.7%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, to make the filling, heat the oil and saute the onion and courgettes for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes, cheese, oregano and seasoning.
4. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas 7. Knead the dough lightly and divide into four. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface to a 20 cm / 8 in round and place a quarter of the filling on one half.
5. Brush the edges with milk and fold over to enclose the filling. Press firmly to enclose. Brush with milk.
6. Bake on an oiled baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot or cold.