- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
California Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
|Spareribs||5 Pound, cut in two pieces|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|California barbecue sauce/Readymade barbeque sauce- as required||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 842 Calories from Fat 603
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.1%
Saturated Fat 25.3 g126.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220 mg73.3%
Sodium 364 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 48 g95%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare a pan from a double thickness of heavy aluminum foil so that it can fit spareribs, by turning up edges of the foil 1 1/2 inches all around. Mitre corners so it will be secure.
2. Season the spareribs with salt and pepper and brown them on the grill over moderate fire Turn them once or twice during the cooking process.
3. As soon as spareribs have browned, transfer them to the foil pan and spoon over about 1 cupful of California barbecue sauce.
4. Place the pan on the center of the grill and continue cooking for about 11/2 hours longer. Baste with the sauce occasionally.
5. To serve, transfer foil pan with the spareribs to platter and cut with a knife and serve with hot sauce