- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
California Sandwiches Recipe
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 Medium, peeled, sectioned, and chopped|
|Chicken breast||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped, cooked (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)|
|Avocado||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Curly lettuce leaves||4|
|Whole wheat bread slice||4 , thinly sliced, toasted|
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.6 mg
Sodium 502 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.7%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 993.5% Vitamin C 307.2%
Calcium 35% Iron 45.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add first 5 ingredients to combine.
2) Stir to blend thoroughly.
3) Cover and place inside refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
4) In another bowl, add orange, chicken, and avocado to combine.
5) Line each bread slice with one lettuce leaf.
6) Spread fruit-chicken mixture evenly over lettuce leaves.
7) Serve the bread slices by topping with reserved mayonnaise mixture.