- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
California Sandwich Recipe
|Alfalfa sprouts||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark raisins||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Sunflower seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Reduced calorie rye bread slice||2|
|Light cream cheese||5 Teaspoon|
|Thin tomato slices||2|
|Red onion slices||2|
|Avocado||1 Ounce, pared and thinly sliced (1/8 Medium)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 257.7 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 86.3% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small mixing bowl, prepare a mixture of sprouts, raisins, carrot, and sunflower seed and keep aside.
2. Over a slice of bread, spread cream cheese.
3. Top the bread with the sprout mixture, tomato, onion, avocado, lettuce, and remaining slice of bread.
4. Secure the sandwich with a toothpick.
5. Slice the sandwich in half.