- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
California Roll Recipe Video
|Lemon||1⁄2 Large, juiced|
|Avocado||1 Medium, peeled, pitted, and sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces|
|Nori sheets||4 Large|
|Sushi rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs), undefined|
|Cucumber||1 Small, peeled, seeded, and cut into matchstick-size pieces|
|Crab sticks||4 Large, cut into strips|
|Pickled ginger||2 Tablespoon (for serving) (Optional)|
|Wasabi||2 Tablespoon (for serving) (Optional)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (for serving) (Optional)|
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 706.4 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g49%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 33.3% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado to prevent browning.
2. Place a nori sheet, shiny side down, on the mat.
3. Wet your fingers with water and spread about 1/2 cup of the rice evenly onto the nori.
4. Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
5. Turn the sheet of nori over so that the rice side is down.
6. Place 1/4 of the cucumber, avocado and crab sticks in the center of the sheet.
7. Grab the edge of the mat closest to you, keeping the fillings in place with your fingers, and roll it into a tight cylinder, using the mat to shape the cylinder.
8. Pull away the mat and set aside. Repeat until all of the rice has been used.
9. Cut each roll into 6 pieces.
10. Serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce if you like.