- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
California Garlic Soup Fondue Recipe
|Garlic||40 Clove (200 gm), minced (Fresh 3 - 4 Heads)|
|Canned chicken broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans, 10 3/4 Ounce Each)|
|Champagne||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Extra Dry Variety)|
|French bread slice||4|
|Gruyere cheese slice||4|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Minced chives||To Taste|
|Water||240 Milliliter (2 Soup Cans)|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.6 mg
Sodium 269.3 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 26.6%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pan and add butter in it to melt; Add garlic in the butter and deep fry it with often stirring. Do not let the garlic cloves be brown.
2. Now add broth, champagne, water in it and boil the mix for 5 minutes.
3. Toast the breads as per discretion.
4. Pour soups into the bowls.
5. Add the breads in the soup bowls in such way so that these float on the soup surface; sprinkle cheese on the floated breads.
6. Bake it for 15 minutes, uncovered at 475-degree temperature.
7. Sprinkle cayenne and chives in the soup before serve.
8. Serve the soup hot.