- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
California Fruit Soup Recipe
|Apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), dried (From An 8 Ounce Package)|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From An 8-Ounce Package)|
|Pitted dried prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From A 15-Ounce Package)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Orange juice concentrate||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cinnamon stick piece||3 Inch (1 Piece)|
|Cinnamon stick||3 Inch (1 Piece)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Shredded orange rind||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg
Sodium 14.6 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 53.5 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan add apricots, prunes, water and orange juice concentrate.
2) Let stand for 30 minutes to set.
3) Peel thin yellow rind from lemon with a vegetable parer.
4) Mix cinnamon, tapioca and sugar to the fruits.
5) Simmer and cook covered for about 10 minutes till done. Take care that the fruits are not mushy.
6) Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the soup if you want a stronger lemon flavor.
7) Discard cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
8) Keep aside to cool.
9) Transfer into a glass serving dish or individual bowls and garnish with sour cream and orange rind.