- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Calico Veal Fricassee Recipe
|Boneless lean veal shoulder||3 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/2 chicken bouillon cubes||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned white potatoes||2 Pound, drained and halved (Small Sized, 2 Cans Of 1 Pound Each)|
|Green pepper||1 Small, halved, seeded and sliced|
|Pepper red||1 Small, halved, seeded and sliced|
|Light cream/Table cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 801 Calories from Fat 482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.8%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g103%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.4 mg
Sodium 1128.9 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 43 g86.7%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 81.6%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim off all the excess fat from the veal and slice it into cubes of 1 inch each.
2. Take a kettle or Dutch oven and brown the vegetables in two halves. Remove and keep it aside.
3. Add onion and garlic into drippings in the kettle and sautÃ© till they turn soft. Return all veal to kettle.
4. Mix in water, chicken broth or bouillon cubes and salt. Cover the pan.
5. Simmer for 45 minutes and add potatoes and green and red peppers. Cover the pan again and simmer for 20 minutes or until the ingredients are softer.
6. Mix in cream and simmer for 10 minutes to mix the flavors.
7. Serve by adding over hot cooked noodles.